Donor Engagement Advisor, Full Time Position
Become a Volunteer
Rowan House is always looking for people able and willing to donate their time to the shelter.
Potential volunteers will be required to meet with our Volunteer Coordinator and then complete an application form that includes a criminal record check and child intervention check. Successful applicants will then receive Domestic Violence 101 training and general training about Rowan House.
Some of the typical positions we're looking for support with include:
- Self-care activities: yoga, arts & crafts, meditation, fitness
- Childcare: days and evenings in the child support centre, tutoring, self-care activities
- Musicians: in-shelter performances to uplift residents
- Basic life skills: cooking, baking, budgeting, computer training
- Community events: be an ambassador for Rowan House by manning our information booth at different events throughout the Foothills
- Hope & Healing Gala: sit on one of our sub-committees and help plan our signature fundraising event
If you’re interested in getting involved please email us. We look forward to hearing from you!